High School Youth Ministry & Confirmation
Please check back regularly for upcoming events!
Any questions regarding Youth and Young Adult Ministries should be directed to Michele Dougherty
, Youth Minister.
High School Youth Ministry
The goals of our High School Youth Ministry are to:
- Empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today;
- Draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the faith community; and
- Foster the personal and spiritual growth of each young person.
Opportunities for socials, catechesis, teen discussions and/or outreach activities are scheduled at various days and times each month. We ask that all teens participating register by downloading and completing the form below. Registration helps us keep current contact and basic emergency information on file. High School Youth Ministry Registration Form Fundraising Guidelines Parent Chaperones
All parents wishing to help out, including chaperoning events or helping drive teens to an event, must comply with the Archdiocese policies for Child Protection. More information about the policies and the required forms can be found on our website under Child Protection
. Upcoming Events Click Here
for the High School Youth Group Calendar. YOUTH NIGHTS
All high school teens are welcome. Come for a brief faith discussion and social. Upcoming nights are Sundays from 6:30-8:00 PM
in the Youth Room: May 7:
Loving the Stranger (Immigration) May 21:
What’s so Great about Being Catholic? RONALD McDONALD HOUSE DINNER & ACTIVITY HOUR
Friday, May 12, 2017, 4-9 PM
Help provide and serve dinner to approximately 50 guests at RMcDH and stay for Activity Hour after dinner. Space is limited to 8 participants. For more details and to sign up, Click Here
. SUMMER "KICK-OFF" AND BBQ
Saturday, June 4, 2016 from 5-8 PM at St. Jane Frances Parish-Pasadena
Come kick-off the summer with other high school groups from Anne Arundel County. We will celebrate the Sunday Vigil Mass at St. Jane Frances at 5 PM followed by a kickball tournament and other field games and a BBQ. Cost is $5 per person. Please sign up using the SignUp Genius site by Clicking Here
. CATHOLIC HEART WORKCAMP
July 16-22, 2017 - Roanoke, VA
Spaces are currently FULL! To be placed on the waiting list, please contact Michele Dougherty
. For more information on workcamp Click Here
Registration forms for the next Confirmation group (2018) will be available in June.
We offer enrollment for the preparation for Confirmation to all high school
youth who have completed grade eight and have participated in appropriate faith formation or Catholic schooling. Youth are eligible to prepare for Confirmation if:
- They have completed 8th grade.
- They attended faith formation last year, whether in a parish program or in a Catholic school.
- They continue in their faith formation during high school.
- They participate in weekly Mass.
- They have been baptized and have received first Eucharist and the sacrament of Reconciliation.
- They desire to grow in faith and seek Confirmation of their own freewill.
- They understand that Confirmation demands an ongoing response to be nurtured in life-long spiritual formation.
The general time line for preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation is as follows:
- Candidates and parents are invited to an orientation session in the late Winter/early Spring.
- Candidates attend preparation sessions through June.
- The Youth Pilgrimage in Baltimore on Palm Sunday weekend serves as an initial retreat.
- Over the summer the candidates work on their group service project.
- The remaining preparation sessions resume in late August/early September.
- A final retreat is held with the candidates and their sponsors.
- Celebration of the Sacrament occurs in October (usually), depending on the date given us by the Bishop's office.
- A follow-up session is held with the newly confirmed after Confirmation.
for the 2017 Confirmation Calendar.